A number of homeopathic remedies can help with hip pain.
But Aesculus Hippocastanum is an interesting one.
It’s also easy to remember.
Once you hear someone say, “Aesculus Hipp for the hips you never forget it.”
Back when I was in school, the teacher provided a colorful description of a grandparent surrounded by grandchildren.
If I remember the details correctly the grandparent was trying to stand after sitting in a chair.
It took several attempts.
The grandparent rocked back and forth in the chair, groaning a little until he was successful.
Aesculus has what’s called an “affinity” for the hips.
It’s a smaller remedy, not part of the typical family remedy kit.
But it’s very useful. Especially for hip pain.
A person who needs Aesculus may have what homeopaths call “concomitants.”
These are associated symptoms, which help complete the puzzle. In order to lead you to the right remedy.
Aesculus Hippocastanum For Hip Pain
You can read about more Aesculus Hippocastanum keynotes below:
- Hemorrhoids – Homeopaths call them “piles.” Aesculus hemorrhoids are engorged and distended. They resemble bunches of grapes. The rectum feels like it’s full of sticks. The area around the anus can burn. Just like with the hips, standing and walking make things worse.
- Venous Stasis – This is just a fancy word to describe what happens when blood doesn’t flow freely back to the heart. It tends to pool in the legs, causing varicose veins. These veins can be deep purple. Poor circulation may also be seen in the hands and feet, which can feel and look congested. Extremities may become red and swollen, especially after they’re washed.
- Irritability – People in an Aesculus state can have what’s known as a “bilious temperament.” This relates to bile and a weak, sluggish liver. Aesculus is a good liver remedy if it matches the entire picture. Other keynotes include depression. Someone who needs Aesculus typically wakes up with a dull head. Unrefreshed sleep is very typical of liver remedies.
- Back Pain – The back may hurt. There can also be weakness, along with a sensation the back may give way. Pain may be so severe it can feel as if the back is broken.
- Appetite – A person who needs Aesculus may have lost their appetite. Yet they can be very thirsty.
- Headache – Nearly every remedy in our Materia Medica has a specific headache profile. An Aesculus headache is dull and the person may feel confused and out of sorts. There can be frontal forehead pressure along with nausea. The back of the head can also ache. The scalp can feel bruised. The headache is worse in the morning, typical of other Aesculus complaints. Aesculus probably won’t be given just on headache alone. But if someone has hip pain and other confirmatory symptoms this is part of the analysis.
- Stool – The stool can be big and dry. One unusual symptom is the first part of the stool may be black, followed by a soft hard movement. Or it can be dry and multicolored. This is another data point that someone can benefit from Aesculus.
- Vomiting – Aesculus is not the first remedy we think of for vomiting. But it’s sometimes part of the picture. Burning pain may accompany vomiting. There’s great weakness of digestion, along with a sensation a stone sits in the stomach. This symptom tends to intensify around three hours after eating.
This article is intended for informational purposes only, to show what homeopathy is capable of.
It’s not intended as encouragement to self treat a chronic condition.
Chronic problems are much different than a self-limiting acute illness, such as the flu.
Because hip problems are typically deep-rooted and long standing, best results are obtained working with a professional.
Someone who needs Aesculus typically has a weakened constitution. With physical problems outside the bounds of home prescribing.
Not everyone who can benefit from Aesculus may have all of the above symptoms.
In fact it’s highly unlikely they will.
Aesculus can also look like other remedies too.
Like all homeopathic remedies, it must be given in the best potency for each person.
Some people heal better on low potencies. Other people thrive on high potencies. A well-trained homeopath knows what to recommend.
Potency is another reason why there’s no substitute for professional care.
If you have longstanding pain, I highly recommend you work with a professional.
Did you know that chronic pain is one of my areas of specialty?
Because I’ve managed my own chronic pain naturally.
With homeopathy and other natural healing methods.
Click on the image below if you’d like to learn more. I’ve created an easy-to-follow online course that outlines everything I did to get well again. My course also includes a FREE 15-MINUTE HOMEOPATHIC QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION. It’s perfect for people who want to learn more about how homeopathic remedies can help them.