One side of my face was on fire.
Sometimes electric-like spasms would travel through my left cheekbone, appearing both in my upper and lower jaw.
Daytime was tolerable.
But I dreaded the night.
A series of well-selected remedies failed. A nosode brought a little relief but didn’t cure.
Finally, after researching, and repertorizing again with sophisticated software it was clear I needed Mezereum.
But I only had this remedy in 200C.
Knowing how I respond to higher potencies I didn’t want to take it orally.
Nor did I like the option of ordering it and waiting for it to arrive, considering my pain level.
So I put one pellet in a medicine dropper bottle and added alcohol.
I inhaled it, holding it under one nostril while closing the other.
Samuel Hahnemann, MD, the founder of modern homeopathy, assured us the inhalation method works.
With me inhalation worked too well and the remedy caused an aggravation.
My jaw pain was excruciating, confirming my thought not to take the 200C potency orally.
That’s when I decided to wear the remedy.
I put three 200C pellets in a plastic bag and placed it against my abdomen.
Much to my relief the pain subsided.
Whenever it flared I “redosed” by placing the pellets against my body again.
What happened next was slow and gentle recovery.
Despite my extreme sensitivity to homeopathic remedies I could redose as needed.
Sometimes several times a day.
At times I fell asleep wearing the remedy and I didn’t overdose.
After a couple of weeks the pain was gone.
A couple of times it returned. So I immediately put the same bag that contains three pellets on my abdomen.
Once again the pain disappeared.
Can You Wear Homeopathic Remedies?
So, yes, you absolutely can wear homeopathic remedies.
In fact I think this is a good way for people who don’t respond well to homeopathic remedies.
Or for people who aggravate easily.
Or for those who react to just a couple of doses, and treatment has to stop.
At this point we also have to think about various blockages that stand in the way of a cure.
But, meanwhile, we can also have people wear remedies.
Wearing remedies is also a good way to ease people back into homeopathy, after they’ve suffered aggravations from overzealous prescribing.
Why People Wear Homeopathic Remedies
I’ve used homeopathic remedies on myself and I’ve also suggested this way of dosing to certain clients.
Wearing remedies isn’t appropriate for everyone.
People with vigorous healthy immune systems don’t need to wear remedies.
Nor should this method generally be used in an acute situation, when it’s much better to give an oral dose.
Even very sensitive people can handle repeat doses of a 30C remedy when they have a cold or flu.
(My TMJ flared up as an acute but it was really part of a bigger problem of fibromyalgia, normally kept in check with homeopathy.)
Most people no matter how sensitive can also handle ONE dose of a 200C remedy.
But if they are very sensitive, one option would be to wear the 200C remedy instead of taking it, especially when dealing with a chronic condition.
(LM potencies are another option but not everyone responds well to them.)
For instance, say someone needs a certain remedy. But they only have a 200C in the house. You also know they are very sensitive to remedies. In addition, they have a tendency to take extra doses.
Instead of waiting days to obtain a lower potency they could try wearing three pellets of the 200C potency.
(Doing this healed my TMJ and I’ve also seen it work well for other people.)
Unfortunately, very little is known about wearing remedies. Other than anecdotal reports from me and from some other homeopaths.
I haven’t run across wearing remedies in the homeopathic literature. Maybe it’s there but I haven’t found it.
So all I can do is share my personal experience and the few anecdotes that I know of.
- Wearing a 200C worked for me. I found that dosing this way was very forgiving. If I forgot about the remedy and left it on for hours it was usually no big deal. I could dose almost as much as I wanted to without running into an aggravation. A few times I did get an aggravation. But it was easily solved by wearing the remedy for just a minute, similar to how you can stop an aggravation by taking a lower potenchy of the same remedy. Doing this didn’t hurt my progress.
- Wearing 30C and 200C works well. But wearing lower potencies doesn’t seem to work, at least for me.
- Wearing remedies has also worked for some of my clients. It seems to be a potential way to treat extremely hypersensitive people. Not everyone needs to wear remedies. Most people can take them orally with no problem. But this is a potential way to treat chronic conditions when people have trouble with repeated doses.
- This is a good way to use homeopathy on very weak individuals. You can start with having someone wear a remedy and work up to oral doses, still the most certain way of taking a remedy.
- We have very little information on the effectiveness of wearing remedies. But we do have a few anecdotes. When I was in homeopathy school my teacher talked about a man with warts. His son gave him a remedy to take. Instead he put it in the pocket of his jacket, which he wore when working in the yard. Even though he never took an oral dose his warts still went away.