Do you have that troubling constellation of symptoms called “fibromyalgia?”
At least you’re in good company.
Because chronic pain seems to be an epidemic.
Doctors aren’t really sure what causes “fibromyalgia,” and they don’t offer a cure.
Patients are often given drugs for pain, without being encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Not nearly enough attention is given to natural remedies, including homeopathy.
Did you know that for more than 200 years homeopaths have treated chronic pain and fatigue?
So we already have well-tested roadmap.
It is true that fibromyalgia was called something different a couple of centuries ago. The old books call it neuralgia, or nerve pain. Neurasthenia is the general term for fatigue, weakness and debility.
There are many homeopathic remedies for both neuralgia and neurasthenia and the literature is filled with success stories.
It’s well recognized in homeopathy that various events can cause neurasthenia.
These include grief, trauma, emotional shock, injury and infections that leave someone in a weakened state.
So if you suffer from fibromyalgia you may want to consider homeopathy.
Homeopathic Remedies for Fibromyalgia
Homeopathic prescribing is highly individualized.
Remedy selection is based upon your symptoms.
Other factors are taken into account, including the cause of the complaint.
For instance, take someone who’s never been well since the flu.
The homeopath will look for specific flu remedies that match that state.
If someone became sick after a grief, the old grief will be treated. The best-matching grief remedy is based upon the presenting symptoms.
The right homeopathic remedy can do wonders.
It can less your pain, improve your mental outlook and help you sleep. (Insomnia and fibromyalgia go hand in hand.)
Most people with a deep-seated chronic condition will need multiple remedies given over the course of years.
Healing takes time. There will be bumps along the way.
But what happens with good homeopathic treatment is that you gradually start to feel better.
Your good days begin to outnumber the bad days.
The bad days aren’t so horrible.
You get more done than before.
Sleep comes easier and you wake refreshed.
Of course I can’t promise success. No one can.
But homeopathy is the best way I know of to neutralize what’s known as “fibromyalgia.”
As my homeopathic teacher was fond of saying, “You never know until you try.”
What are the Best Homeopathic Remedies for Fibromyalgia?
There are many homeopathic remedies that can treat pain, weakness, debility, insomnia, brain fog and chronic fatigue.
I’m going to talk about a few leading ones.
I’m not saying run out and get these remedies.
But I want to write about them to give you hope.
Because there’s a centuries-old form of medicine that can treat your pain.
Did you know that homeopathy was once very popular in the United States?
At least one-third of all hospitals were homeopathic facilities. Patients were admitted and remedies were administered, right in the hospital, by medical doctors.
Then, around the turn of the century homeopathy fell out of favor.
It’s now making a comeback as more people search for alternatives to drugs and invasive medicine.
Leading Homeopathic Remedies for Fibromyalgia
Below I’m listing some of the leading homeopathic remedies for fibromyalgia.
This post is educational only and not meant for diagnosis or prescription.
You’ll find best results working with a trained homeopath, who will select the remedies you need, in the best potencies, in the right order, for the right period time. (This is no small accomplishment, even for professionals.)
For something as deep as fibromyalgia, you need the professional support. (Unless you know a lot about homeopathy.)
So here are some of the top remedies for fibromyalgia, in no particular order.
- Bryonia – This is a major homeopathic remedy, used for a wide range of conditions. It’s one of our top flu remedies. A big indication for Bryonia is everything worse with movement. With a severe headache even the slightest movement is agonizing. That’s why people with Bryonia migraines prefer to be alone and quiet. Even moving their eyes can aggravate the pain.
- Rhus Tox – This is a leading flu remedy. It looks a little like Bryonia, with pain increases with movement. But only initially. Once you start walking you feel better, as long as you don’t overdo it. Your joints may feel stiff. Rubbing, warmth and massage helps. Joints may crack when you stretch them.
- Gelsemium – This is another major flu remedy. (No coincidence that flu remedies also cover fibromyalgia symptoms because you can feel run down, like you have a chronic flu.) Your limbs may be tired and heavy. All the time. Your bones may ache. You may have weakness and trembling.
- Ruta – Symptoms can look a lot like Rhus Tox but with more weakness and a sense of joints about to give out. The hamstrings may feel too short.
- Lactic Acid – This remedy is for soreness and achiness in the joints, along with a great deal of weakness. Pains may be sharp and severe. Joints may stiffen. Like Bryonia pains are worse with movement. People who need this remedy may be debilitated in general.
- Phosphoric Acid – People who need this remedy may have a history of grief. Limbs are weak. You may feel pain in the bones at night, as if they were being scraped. There’s also joint pain and possible numbness. You may fall easily and lose your footing.
- Helonias – Fibromyalgia with burning pain may develop after repeated pregnancy loss. Women who need this remedy may also experience backache and depression. They feel better when they are with people or engaged in an activity.
These are just a few of the remedies that may be used for fibromyalgia.
If you suffer from chronic pain I hope this gives you more confidence to try homeopathy.