Including essential oils, anti-inflammatory herbs and a low inflammation diet.
Even simple exercises can help.
But I haven’t found anything that works like homeopathy.
Homeopathy is a medical system developed by the late Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, MD, who died in 1843.
It’s based upon the theory of “like cures like.”
A substance in crude form that causes an illness will cure the same symptoms if given homeopathically.
Homeopathic remedies generally only contain the energetic imprint of a material.
This means they’re safe, even if originally made from poisons.
Homeopathy has a long track record of helping chronic pain.
There are countless cases in the literature.
However, for best results you need to work with a professional.
Because whatever is causing the pain needs to be uprooted.
For instance, longstanding grief and trauma is very destructive.
It can cause physical problems.
Including joint pains.
A good homeopath will find out what was happening in your life, right before the pain started.
The chosen remedy will be tailored to the situation.
Sometimes knee pain is caused by physical trauma.
If that’s the case you’ll be given a trauma remedy.
Even if it’s years after the accident.
Other factors can cause chronic knee pain as well.
Because the human body is so complex.
As is homeopathy.
Which is why it’s best to work with a professional.
But it’s good to know that homeopathic remedies can help.
The following is a list of top knee pain remedies.
This is for informational purposes only.
I urge everyone to get a diagnosis from a qualified medical professional.
Then to also find a good homeopath.
But, hopefully, you can look to the future with a new awareness of homeopathy and what it can do.
Homeopathic Remedies For Knee Pain
- RHUS TOX – This is probably the first remedy everyone thinks of for chronic knee pain. Everything is worse on first motion. Once you get going you feel better. At least to a point. If you walk too much you can feel uncomfortable again. People who need this remedy are like heat-seeking missiles. They want heat. A long-hot shower brings is heavenly. They feel their best in a warm, dry climate. An approaching storm causes pain to flare. Rhus Tox pains are often described as “tearing or stitching.” Pain can be so intense it’s impossible to rest. You keep changing position in order to get comfortable. Nights are rough. Because of the constant need to move around. There may be associated sleep problems.
- CAUSTICUM – This is another big knee pain remedy. Unlike Rhus Tox, people who need Causticum feel better when it’s damp and overcast. Pain is “burning” or “raw.” Or the knee may be sore. It can look a little like Rhus Tox in that pain is worse from weather changes. Lying in a warm bed brings relief. The tendons around the knee may feel too short. The knee may also crack.
- BRYONIA – Bryonia is one of the best-known pain relief remedies, with a keynote of being worse with motion. (Not just worse on first motion, which characterizes Rhus Tox.) The knees may be inflamed, with redness and swelling. There may be stiffness too, similar to Rhus Tox. Constipation can be part of the package. (Bryonia is a major constipation remedy.) The knees will likely feel better if they are bandaged. People who need this remedy prefer cool fresh air. They are worse in a hot stuffy room. Damp and cloudy days mean less pain. Bryonia patients tend to be irritable.
- KALI CARBONICA – Sharp and “stitching” pains are felt in small spots on the knee. The limbs may feel heavy. Pains increase both going up and down stairs. Someone who needs this remedy will feel better in warm air and worse when it’s cold. Sudden motion can make the pain flare. The person may be very anxious.
- CALCAREA CARBONICA – This is an excellent remedy for rheumatism. It follows Rhus Tox nicely. People who need Calc Carb are best when the forecast is dry. They’re better lying in bed. Weather changes mean more pain. (Just like Rhus Tox.) One keynote is worse “ascending.” So climbing stairs won’t be comfortable. Pains may spike after midnight and early morning. Letting a limb hang down aggravates the pain. Mentally people who need this remedy may be overworked and exhausted.
- ARNICA – Did your pain happen right after an injury. Then it never went away. Arnica is a remedy to consider. Even if the accident happened a decade ago. Or two. You may later need another remedy. But Arnica is a good place to start. Other remedies that can help with trauma include Bryonia, Rhus Tox, Ruta, Hypericum and Ledum.
These are just a few of the remedies that can potentially help chronic knee pain.
Plus there are about 200 others listed in the homeopathic Repertory.
Healing will likely take a series of well-selected remedies.
Which is why the DIY approach is discouraged.
Homeopathy takes time. It can be a lot of work.
Sometimes you hit bumps in the road, when healing appears to stop.
This is when you need a new remedy.
Or a new potency.
Or miasmatic treatment to keep the case moving forward.
I wish homeopathy were as simple as following a recipe.
But it doesn’t work that way.
I don’t say this to discourage you.
The message is of hope.
There’s a better way to deal with pain.
It doesn’t involve drugs and it can heal you from the inside out.