Yet it doesn’t always happen this way.
Sometimes people struggle for years without getting good results.
That’s because homeopathy is highly individualized and everyone is different.
Homeopathy was developed by the late Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, MD.
It’s a science.
But it’s also an art.
A good practitioner is guided by intuition.
He or she has keen insight into someone’s state.
In order to zero in on a remedy that gently nudges the body to health.
Sometimes, though, healing isn’t as straightforward.
Various blocks may exist.
Sometimes there’s a physical block, existing within someone’s constitution.
A homeopath can work to remove this.
Other times the problem is lifestyle.
Also known as a “maintaining cause.”
A homeopath needs to consider anything that stands in the way of progress.
And then work with clients to neutralize these obstacles.
This article is focused on various lifestyle changes that can help your homeopathic remedies work better.
How To Help Your Homeopathic Remedies Work Better
- Are You Using Homeopathy? Just because someone takes potentizied remedies doesn’t mean they’re using homeopathy. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve seen who’ve tried healing with various protocols, including the various “detox” protocols. Sometimes multiple remedies are prescribed in ascending potencies, in order to “clear” any toxin a person has ever encountered. I’ve seen people who’ve been prescribed up to 25 remedies at once. Needless to say what typically happens is the person gets sicker. Single well-selected remedies still work, just as they have for more than 200 years. Toxins are an unfortunate fact of life. Good homeopathic prescribing helps people elminate these toxins on their own. Even if the remedy isn’t an exact match to the toxin. Sometimes, though, we do need to use exact match remedies. This is known as “Tautopathy.” Every well-trained homeopath knows how to do Tautopathy. WHEN NEEDED. Otherwise you waste a lot of time and energy chasing non-existent problems. You also risk sending the person’s Vital Force in a direction it doesn’t need to go. Banerji protocols are also very popular in the United States. These are recipes developed at a clinic in India, where patients are akintreated by homeopathic medical doctors. Don’t expect the same results with guidance strangers on Facebook. For the record, protocols are not homeopathy. They are an allopathic use of homeopathic remedies. Protocols have their place, when used properly. This means stopping the protocol if you have an aggravation or if it’s done its job. So before concluding that homeopathy “doesn’t work,” consider doing real homeopathy. This means taking one well-selected remedy at a time. Under the guidance of a well-trained professional. Please be patient. People who’ve taken a lot of remedies, especially in higher potencies, often require extra time and attention.
- Taking Extra Remedies/Doses. People who take extra remedies or doses are very difficult to treat. Sometimes it confuses a case so much that it becomes extremely hard to heal. Please check with your homeopath before taking extra doses of a recommended remedy or adding in a new remedy.
- Getting Enough Sunshine. This is often overlooked. We need fresh air and sunshine. However, many of our clients are “photosensitive.” This means they can’t stay in the sun. Or they have an aversion to sunshine. If there’s no medical reason to avoid sunshine please remember to get a moderate amount. Sunshine in moderation is good for you. So is moderate exercise. (Check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise routine.)
- Eating Real Food. Our bodies aren’t designed to digest highly processed foods, typcially devoid of nutrients. Aim for a simple real food diet. Learning to prepare meals from scratch isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Plus you can make delicious recipes. Soon you no longer crave junk food. One hurdle is when people suffer from chronic fatigue. They often don’t have the energy to make home-cooked meals. Yet these are the folks who need real food the most. One option is temporarily ordering real food meals from one of the meal delivery services. This eliminates the need for shopping and bypasses much preparation. You’ll likely enjoy increased energy when you upgrade your diet. Then meal prep won’t be so onorous.
- Avoid Genetically Modified Food. This is much easier said than done. Because nearly all of the processed food in the United States contains genetically modified ingredients. GMO’s are chimeras. They are not found in nature. Our bodies recognize them as foreign. Look for products that contain the rectangular Non-GMO Project label. Organic foods don’t contain GMOs. Here is an article that explains why genetically modified food is so bad for you.
- Avoid Environmental Toxins. To the best of your ability. Because we live in a toxic world and too much focus on what can poison us can lead to anxiety. Anxiety is very bad for us. There are a lot of things we can’t control. Focus on what you can change. Natural health experts consider fluoride a neurotoxin. So switch our fluoridated toothpaste for a non-toxic version. Fluoride is often added to drinking water. If you live in a community that adds fluoride to municipal water consider drinking bottled spring water. Chemical cleaning products are also toxic. So learn how to make your own natural cleaning solutions with essential oils.
- Don’t Obsess About Your Health. One of the very worst things you can do for your health is to worry obsessively about it. Did I eat something that’s going to make me sick? Is my food wrapped in plastic? (Plastics in the enviroment are a huge problem but it’s one we can’t totally control, and sometimes even organic food is wrapped in plastic.) Will I get enough sleep tonight? (Focusing too much on sleep is sure to keep you awake.) I realize not worrying about your health is easier said than done, especially if health is very important to you. Fortunately, health anxiety is also a symptom, and it can be treated homeopathically.
- Avoid Toxic People. Negative, critical or deceitful people can make you sick. This is why they’re often described as “toxic.” It’s okay to stay away from them. Even if this is not always possible good homeopathic prescribing can hopefully help you strengthen your boundaries, so they don’t get under your skin. Or at least not as easily. Staying in a toxic situation is what’s known as a maintaining cause. If the problem is a stressful job think about switching. If it’s a sharp-tongued friend think about distance.
- Get Enough Rest. This is so important. Especially when treating an acute condition. Flu symptoms can respond quickly to homeopathy. So the person feels much better and ready to tackle the day. But please don’t. Pushing yourself too hard can lead to a relapse and new symptoms. The remedy that worked so well may even stop working. Then you need to find another remedy. The way to avoid this is to treat yourself as if you are sick. This advice is doubly important for children. Keep them indoors for at least a couple of days after all symptoms disapper. Also, try to avoid stressful situations.
- Explore Other Kinds of Natural Healing. Sometime people are resistant to doing anything else besides taking homeopathic remedies. Almost as if they are “cheating” on homeopathy if they use another healing technique. Yet everything you do to push your body forward, into better health can help your remedies work better. Getting well involves so much more than just taking remedies. Explore the idea of superfoods, earthing and EFT Tapping, for starters. Doing other things that help you can only add to your vitality, not subtract from it.
Please join our amazing Homeopathy Help Learning Q&A Group. Members can receive low-cost acute consultations.