As the mother of two children with weak immune systems I needed a solution.
One that didn’t involve more antibiotics.
Why were my kids so sick?
Why did they get every cold and flu that came around?
I was a healthy child.
Yet my children needed constant medical care.
What happened to them?
What was going on?
How could I fix it?
Somewhere along the way I heard of “homeopathy.”
Deep in my heart I knew this was the solution.
So I brought my kids to a famous homeopath.
We saw moderate gains.
But they weren’t getting better.
The crisis point came during a follow up visit. My son had a raging ear infection.
Instead of treating the ear infection, the famous homeopath insisted on treating him “constitutionally.”
Needless to say this didn’t work.
Fortunately I was also in contact with another homeopath.
She was trained in The Murphy Method.
That same day she immediately zeroed in the problem – the ear infection.
Then she spent the next few years restoring my children to health.
Seeing these impressive results, I decided to learn all I could about The Murphy Method.
This was over 25 years ago and I’m still learning.
The Murphy Method is so clear, so brilliant.
So I can’t help but wonder.
Why don’t more people know about it?
What Is The Murphy Method Of Homeopathy?
The Murphy Method was developed by the late Dr. Robin Murphy, ND.
But it’s based upon the teachings of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, MD, the founder of modern homeopathy.
Dr. Murphy was an American homeopath with decades of clinical experience.
Plus he was an amazing teacher.
His contributions to homeopathy will be discussed far into the future.
Already, he’s known around the world for his updated Repertory and Materia Medica.
These are the main books used in homeopathy.
Homeopaths from India to Australia now use Dr. Murphy’s versions of the Repertory and Materia Medica.
Still, relatively few people seem to know about The Murphy Method.
Or how he actually practiced.
Homeopathy is once again becoming popular in the United States.
Very loud voices clamor for attention.
“Do this protocol and you’ll be healed,” we hear.
Or, “You must try this new “detox protocol.”
Otherwise, NO OTHER REMEDY will help you,” we’re told.
Knowing what I know I’m still sticking to The Murphy Method.
(Although I will also be reading about other methods, since homeopathy is always evolving.)
Dr. Murphy told us not to treat ghost pathologies.
What’s a “ghost pathology?”
It’s a disturbance we think is there, or a client thinks is there.
This may be a medical procedure that happened in the past.
Or a particular drug taken a couple of decades ago.
Yes, it may have caused a disturbance.
But, for whatever reason, the body has dealt with it.
Or the person’s vital force may deal with it later.
At that point the disturbance will be revealed.
We then respond with an appropriate remedy.
(This may be a Tautopathic remedy. Tautopathy is a branch of homeopathy. It involves giving an allopathic drug or environmental toxin in potency. If someone has never been well since taking a particular drug you give them a homeopathic remedy made from the same drug.)
But Tautopathy is also used only when needed.
Dr. Murphy spoke a lot about giving the right remedy, at the wrong time.
Because he liked to work in layers.
If you give a remedy out of order it won’t work.
Or you may only see modest gains.
Treating ghost pathologies means you can spend a lot of time and money chasing imaginary problems.
Or problems that aren’t ready to reveal themselves.
He always told us to be led by the person’s “vital force.”
How To Do The Murphy Method of Homeopathy
Once I saw The Murphy Method in action I couldn’t unsee it.
My children responded so well.
They were healed.
Yes, there were bumps in the road.
At times it seemed like “homeopathy isn’t working.”
Healing took years.
But in the end The Murphy Method worked.
That’s why I eventually enrolled in the Hahnemann Academy of North America, founded by Dr. Murphy.
So what is The Murphy Method?
How To Do The Murphy Method Of Homeopathy
Below you can read some of the highlights.
- INDIVIDUALIZATION – The Murphy Method is highly individualized, with no cookie cutter protocols. Instead, individual remedies are carefully chosen. They’re selected based upon a person’s current state. The idea is to clear the top layer. Later you work on deeper layers. We’re taught to look at potential causes. Zero in on the etiology. There are times etiology overrules symptoms.
- BE READY TO PIVOT – If someone catches the flu stop chronic treatment and focus on the flu. Use a flu remedy. Then, resume chronic treatment once they recover. Also, very sick people may need multiple remedies. Even in the same day. Give them accordingly.
- GO LOW AND SLOW – The Murphy Method is gentle. Aggravations are kept to a minimum. He generally used 6C or LM potencies for chronic cases. Although high potencies can be dramatic they’re often followed by a crash, he told us. Low and slow leads to steady, permanent gains. He used higher potencies for acute problems.
- DON’T CHASE GHOST PATHOLOGIES – Treat what you see. However, there are clear times when someone has never been well since a particular event (or medical treatment). This is when you zero in on the precipitating cause.
- DETOXING – There are times you need a “detox” remedy. This may be a pharmaceutical drug in potency. Especially if someone has never been well since a particular drug. But detoxing with The Murphy Method is highly individual. It may not be the first thing you try. Maybe the person has clear symptoms of a regular remedy found in the Materia Medica. It makes sense to use the well-known remedy. If they hit a block you can always use a Tautopathic remedy as an “intercurrent.”
- ONE REMEDY AT A TIME? – It’s trendy to use multiple remedies. For everything. Homeopaths who use single remedies are considered rigid and old-fashioned. Dr. Murphy used multiple remedies. But he used them one at a time. If one remedy stopped working he’d use another, as an “intercurrent.” Oftentimes this releases the block preventing the original remedy from working. Potentized drugs and nosodes can also be used as “intercurrents.”
- CLASSICAL PRESCRIBING? – The Murphy Method has elements of “classical prescribing.” But it’s also so much more.
- WHAT’S THE RIGHT POTENCY? – Dr. Murphy taught us to be ready to use all potencies. Some people need higher potencies. We determine that by listening to the vital force.
- BE KIND – This should go without saying. But it was a big part of his philosophy.
- BE RESPECTFUL – People without homeopathy degrees may know a lot too. They may also help people. Respect their knowledge.
- LEARN FROM OTHERS – Learn the basics. Then explore new theories.
- GRADUATE PEOPLE – You don’t want your clients forever. Because you want them to heal and move on.
Anyway, this is a quick overview of The Murphy Method.
I’m convinced that if more people knew about it they’d use it.