In the right potency.
Given at the right frequency.
For the right amount of time.
Even with the right remedy, if the basic long-standing principle of Minimum Dosing is not followed you may not see good results.
I realize Mega Potencies and high-potency, frequent-dose protocols are all the rage right now.
But the human body hasn’t changed in the years since Samuel Hahnemann, MD had his practice.
Widely considered the founder of modern homeopathy, Dr. Hahnemann developed the theory that “like cures like.”
This means that a substance given in crude form would cause a set of symptoms.
But if the same material is given highly diluted it won’t cause harm.
Instead, it will cure by rousing the person’s Vital Force.
Like cures liked worked than 200 years ago, when Hahnemann was alive.
It still works today, just as well.
Despite the efforts to turn homeopathy into something it’s not: A cookie cutter way of healing that looks a lot like allopathy.
Why My Homeopathic Remedies Aren’t Working
Homeopathy is an amazing healing art.
Yes, it’s a science.
But it’s also an art.
Every good homeopath will tell you that intuition plays a big part in remedy selection.
First and foremost, it’s crucial that you find a remedy that matches a person’s state.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be a remedy that covers every problem going back to childhood.
If they’ve never been well since losing someone close to them two years ago you’re looking at a grief remedy.
If they’ve never been well since a flu six months ago, they need a flu remedy.
Below are SOME possible reasons homeopathy isn’t working.
Reasons Why Homeopathy Isn’t Working
- It’s The Wrong Remedy – This is the first thing to consider. Is it the right remedy? Did you choose it based upon what’s known as the “three-legged stool?” This means you’ve matched at least three “keynotes” or common characteristics. You’ve also done a good job matching modalities (what makes it better or worse). Advanced prescribers also pay close attention to the cause of the ailment. This factor can be more important than the actual symptoms.
- It’s The Right Remedy – You did a great job matching keynotes. But the remedy isn’t working. Because it’s given out of order. You see a perfect Nat Mur state. But the person has never recovered from the flu. So there’s a layer of pathology on top of Nat Mur. In this case you need to treat the flu before you can move on to Nat Mur.
- Too Many Doses – Being in Facebook groups I see this happen a lot. It makes me sad when people tell others to take a remedy every 15 minutes for the first hour and then taper off a little. Because this is a good way to spoil the case. The first remedy might have still been working when the second dose was given. Then it was followed by a third, fourth, fifth and sixth. Soon the worried Mom is back on Facebook because the remedy worked at first. But now it’s not working. Typically she’ll be told to switch remedies and give the new remedy just as often. Meanwhile, the child is getting worse instead of better.
- You’ve Hit A Block – Sometimes during treatment of a chronic illness you hit some sort of block. In homeopathy these are called “miasms.” Miasms are weaknesses, either inherited or acquired. Once they are successfully treated the remedies work again. Mercury and other toxins can cause blocks as well. Fortunately we have remedies to deal with them. But it’s important to work with a professional. Negative emotions can also be an obstacle to better health. Homeopathy can also address this. In addition I tell all of my clients about an easy exercise they can do at home called EFT Tapping. This involves tapping on certain upper body meridians to release the memories of trauma.
- You’re Doing A Protocol – A lot of high-potency remedies given over time can make your case harder to solve. We ask that you have patience as we work to untangle this. This problem is becoming increasingly common because a lot of people are using various protocols. Typically these protocols are self prescribed. Despite the fact they were developed at an Indian clinic where patients are followed closely. Also, from what I understand, the protocols are individualized at the Banerji clinic, which employs a team of homeopathic physicians. This is a much different level of care than what you will get with remedy suggestions from strangers on Facebook.
- Obstacles To The Cure – An unhealthy lifestyle is a roadblock. A poor diet, unmanaged stress and other bad habits will hold you back. Homeopaths are taught to encourage positive lifestyle changes, in order to help the remedies do their magic. In order to be healthy we need adequate exercise and sunshine. Being surrounded by EMF frequencies may also hurt us in ways we don’t fully understand. This is why I usually turn off my WIFI at night, while we’re sleeping.
- Lack Of Reaction – Some people don’t respond well to remedies. No positive changes. No aggravation either. This is what’s known as lack of reaction. We have remedies to address this. At this point it’s wise to get professional care.
- Not Waiting Long Enough – The action of a remedy can unfold slowly, over weeks. This depends on the remedy and the reason it’s given. Some people also respond more slowly. So it can seem as if the remedy is doing nothing, especially with a chronic condition. But even with acutes some people respond slower than others. Give the remedy a chance to work, especially if you see any positive changes. It’s also possible to see an initial intensification of symptoms, especially with longstanding problems. This is actually a really good sign to stay the course. Don’t change remedies now. Because better health is likely to follow. (Note I am talking about traditional Hahnemannian homeopathy, not protocols. With protocols you may have to wait months to see a positive shift.)
- Changing Homeopaths Too Fast – It can take months to get good results, as you watch how people respond to various remedies. You never know what a remedy will do until you take it. Also, the first few months are when you’re just getting to know a client. Something may click after the second or third visit and you have the information you need to solve a difficult case. You can miss out on the benefits if you change homeopaths too fast.
- Not Changing Homeopaths – If you’ve seen no progress in six months it’s very reasonable to consider think about looking for another homeopath. First I’d ask the homeopath why he or she thinks you’re not progressing. I’d probably give them one more chance to help. But if I wasn’t being helped I’d move on. Certainly after a year. your mental and physical health should be on the upswing. If not, it’s time for a change.